If you’ll ask an angler to use telescopic rod for fishing, he will straight away ask “Are telescopic fishing rods any good?“. There are a lot of different types of fishing rods and all of them has different features and specifications.
Telescopic fishing rods are easy to hold and use and you can carry it to other places easily. In this guide you will learn more about these rods, qualities and pros & cons. Let’s jump on to it.
Are telescopic fishing rods any good?
Telescopic fishing rods are very popular so that we can do a comparison with traditional fishing rods. There is a reason why seasonal anglers and fishers make them their top priority. Let’s find out some reasons that make telescopic fishing rods better for you.
Some of these are as follows:
- Telescopic fishing rods have a compact size.
- They have sections or joints to adjust the length of the rod.
- They are portable and easy to handle.
- The reel and line weight are customized to handle high-quality reels.
- They are lightweight and easy to carry around.
- They are flexible and versatile.
- Anglers and professional fishers can have an enjoyable experience with them.
- They are good to use and available for a reasonable price.
Are telescopic rods reliable?
Telescopic fishing rods are designed under the supervision of experts. They use composite material for the composition of telescopic rods and it usually has high quality. This material provides strength, flexibility, and durability to the rod.
Therefore these rods are reliable and have the versatility in casting all types of fish species. They are reliable for all fishing activities, and you will benefit from them.
They are small, but you can adjust them according to your desired length. It has a capacity of 12 to 25 inches in length, and you can adjust it for your convenience. So if you’ll ask an angler “are telescopic fishing rods any good“, he will definitely answer in a YES.
Qualities of telescopic fishing rods
Telescopic fishing rods are shorter, collapsible, and easy to store. They are designed with joints and sections that make them short, and by pulling outwards, they become full-length rods.
These rods are sectioned into each other and easily transported in any vehicle and bag. All hikers who have to hike a lot to cast a line prefer these rods. They are easy to carry and will cast almost all fish species.
These rods are also convenient, portable, and foldable. They are your best ally when you are in the mood for fishing. You will be ready in just a few minutes.
Pros and Cons of telescopic fishing rods
The telescopic fishing rods are among the most famous fishing rods. Just like any other thing, these telescopic rods also has some pros and cons.
For your learning and understanding “are telescopic fishing rods good” let’s jump toward the pros and cons of telescopic fishing rods.
Pros of a telescopic fishing rod
- These rods are available in the pro-style of fishing rods. They are compact in size, small, and easily manageable.
- They are luggage friendly and easy to carry.
- They are strong enough to deal with small panfish and big fish species lunkers.
- They can easily handle the lure weight with up to 10 to 15 pounds of fish.
- They are versatile & anglers, beginners, and fishermen can purchase them at a low price.
Cons of the telescopic fishing rods
- Telescopic rods are strong, but the rod’s multiple sections and opening and closing can easily break them.
- Human error or improper care will damage the components of the rod.
- These rods’ lengths can be adjusted, but they can become tangled or stuck while pulling off the rod or inserting the rod.
- These rods are washable; you can remove the dust and sand particles from them if you did not properly dry the rod after washing. It would rust, and a section of the rod muck up your setup.
- These rods will create stress when you do not follow instructions to assemble them.
Are the telescopic fishing rods affordable to all?
Telescopic fishing rods are the advanced version of the technology as they are used by many experts, anglers, and fishermen. They are not only good for all types of fish species but also affordable to everyone.
Telescopic rods are available in different price ranges, and all are more affordable. The price range of telescopic fishing rods varies from the cheapest to the most expensive. These reasonable prices give you the best telescopic fishing rod for your experience.
Telescopic fishing rods are popular among anglers as they choose them for their versatility. In this guide we have tried to answer some common questions like “are telescopic fishing rods any good” or “should a person choose a telescopic rod”. For all the people who are searching on telescopic rods, this article is tailor made for you. The guide will help you understand various key aspects also the pros and cons of telescopic fishing rod.